In Extraordinary Hour-Long Call, BYU Student Pressures Professor to Find 11,780 More Points to Add to Grade

Student Danny Todd reportedly reached out to Professor Ralph Bradley on Learning Suite 18 times before finally getting a hold of him on his private Facebook account. 

His multiple messages included claims, without evidence, that another student in the class had received “100 percent” of all of the points on every assignment, and that his final exam had actually been taken by a dead person. 

At one point during the call, he became particularly distraught and reportedly said, “Do you think it’s possible that the TA’s shredded my essay or maybe they stopped collecting them before the deadline?” He continued, “Do you know anything about that, that would be illegal right?”

Bradley claims that he informed the student that no fraudulent activity took place, but Todd continued, telling Bradley that he needed to find 11,780 more points, which would bring him to an A.

“The people are angry, my parents are angry,” said Todd. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, that you’ve recalculated.”

Bradley said the call was long and the claims were ridiculous but admitted he felt bad for Todd. “I knew that his low grade in the class, as well as in a few other, ‘battleground’ classes, had caused him to lose his scholarship.”